Tuesday, September 07, 2010

ch-ch-ch-changes

I've really been struggling with what to do with lunchnotes in recent months. These drawings from Chris were originally done to put in my lunch everyday as a way to connect us while I was away at work. Now that I work from home with Chris, there is no lunch to be made every morning, and no reason to make a lunchnote.

Chris's schedule is packed. Crazy, busy, no time to breathe, packed for the next six months or so. As such, I don't want to burden him with one more thing to draw.

I'm still not sure what this means for lunchnotes. It may be a brief break. It may return in a different incarnation. I may take the whole thing down all together.

Thanks to those of you who have read lunchnotes, and especially to those who have been kind enough to leave comments, over the last four and a half years. It's been so nice to hear from you and I hope you've enjoyed lunchnotes as much as I have.

8 comments:

hopskotch SunDAY said...

Ah, it's a sad day. I love lunchnotes!! I like Chris's simple succinct style and ability to capture so much motion and comedy in a single panel. I was impressed that Chris did this so often as it was. He is so busy. So I'm not surprised that this would one day happen. But like most of the greatest comic strips out there, Calvin and Hobbes, Farside, it is better to get out when the getting is good instead of trying to cram it in there and loose the fine quality. I think you should leave the site up for awhile at least to help promote Chris and spread the word of lunchnotes. Even if there isn't time for new ones all the old ones are great!

samax said...

glad to hear anytime someone gets the chance to work from home. It helps the environment and it just reduces the amount of sucking in your life!

Lunchnotes is an awesome blog, and I hope it takes on another form, though!

Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen said...

Well, on the positive side, he is busy making money and you are home together. You do what you have to do. I love lunch notes, but I can completely see where you are coming from. Tony is too busy to do extra stuff too, so I say do what ya can! Love you guys!

TheFrogBag said...

Aww, so sad but very understandable! And the fact that you can both work from home is great. Maybe this should become Occasional PDX Notes!

dramatrauma said...

I understand not continuing as a "daily" (tho isnt it a vital part of Chris' daily warm ups? )maybe as a weekly or an occasional? In any case please keep the archive online, I only just discovered them and love jumping from month to month as a pick me up. And I endorese any plans to publish them as theres a couple different people Id buy the collections for, after I get my copies of course.

Luke said...

Oh Lunchnotes, just like the Samnees you were fun, amazing, and oh so magical! Thanks for bringing a smile to my face Laura and Chris!

Momar Van Der Camp said...

Like everyone else said, if Lunchnotes is to go, it will be a very sad day. Like when Calvin and Hobbes disappeared into the wild blue yonder, it will feel like losing a friend.

But as Chris gets busier, you get busier. And obviously, as a fan and follower of Chris Samnee and the lovable lunchnotes crew, sometimes losing a friend isn't the worst thing in the world.

It will be sad to see you go, but we will follow the blog no matter what shape it takes.

Chris Battle said...

Don't take it down! At least keep the blog up as an archive. Any chance the collected books/zines will appear again in Chris' Etsy shop?