Wednesday, July 08, 2009

lazy days

I swear I'm not using this blog to evoke sympathy for Chris and how hard he works. Lots of people work hard, very hard and get none of the wonderful rewards that Chris gets from his career (doing what you love for a living, working in your pj's, all the fame and fortune). But Chris works really, really hard.

No one is pushing him to work so hard, it's just the way he's wired. He has never missed a deadline. It's just not in his makeup to disappoint himself and others. He takes what he does very seriously and conducts himself as a true professional, which I am very proud of. But every once in a while, I wish he'd put the brushes away and allow himself a full night of sleep. Or a full day of relaxing. Here's hoping that day comes soon.

5 comments:

Sarena Shasteen said...

I hear ya! I thought Tony worked alot...then I saw Chris. I have to constantly tell Tony that he needs to take a break. Otherwise he physically starts to suffer.

Karen said...

When he becomes the big name artist he'll be able to take more lazy days off!! Then all this work will be worth it.

alan said...

When I hear CS say he's off to bed then back up in a couple of hours, it freaks me out. And the quality of the work is maintained. I can't imagine doing that. I need my 7-8! Less than six, I look like C's drawing of MJ in the last post.

alan said...

Maybe he should rope in Brady Wiggles Bebe and Scout as assistants: background artists, spotting blacks and what-not...

laura said...

Sarena - I understand! I have no idea how these guys can get so little sleep.

Karen - I hope so! :)

Alan - I need my beauty sleep too! Not only do I look like MJ with too little sleep, I'm super-duper cranky too. :)