Thursday, May 28, 2009

exciting news!

Sorry, I don't have any lunchnotes to post today - I just haven't had any time to scan them. I had mistakenly thought that having summer off from school would magically free up all sorts of time and so far it just hasn't happened that way. I've got a list of projects two miles long that I'm trying to fit into the next couple of months and I apologize that I've deliquent here this week.

But the exciting news is . . . .(drumroll) . . . one of those projects I've been working on is a Lunchnotes book! It will be published like a mini-comic and the first volume will collect the first couple of years of lunchnotes - none of which have appeared on this blog. We'll be selling it at comic shows this summer and I hope to have it done by next week. Stay tuned for more info and a contest announcement!

5 comments:

Momar Van Der Camp said...

Congratulations. That is so awesome. Relish in this success and rub it in Chris' face for me. Or be nice about it, whatever.

But congrats. You deserve it.

laura said...

Thanks! We're actually self-publishing, so it's not like we got a book deal - but who knows, maybe that's around the corner!

Brian Jones said...

I want one! :)

Momar Van Der Camp said...

Let me know how self-publishing goes. I've got two books that I'm trying to get off the ground (one my blogs and the other a traditional fiction novel) and I need a guinea pig. Either way, congrats to you.

Sarena Shasteen said...

Ya gotta love Lunch Notes! I look forward to seeing it at Charlotte!