Wednesday, March 25, 2009

embarrassing but true

Whoever said money can't buy you happiness doesn't own an iPod touch.  This note is actually Chris making fun of me.  Why? you ask.  Well, here is an embarrassing but true story for all of the internets to see.  One night I was falling asleep as Chris was inking some pages next to me in bed.  I woke up from my sleep and asked him to grab a pen and paper and dictated a poem about my iPod.  It was called "Ode to my iPod" and I dreamt it, then woke up and made my poor husband write it down.  I didn't even remember the next morning until I saw the poem Chris had written down.  I was equally mortified and completely entertained by myself.  And if ever an electronic device deserved a sleepily-composed ode, it's my iPod touch!

4 comments:

Mike Oliveri said...

My iPod touch arrives tomorrow. My wife's had one for almost a year now, and she's sick of me drooling on it. She loves hers, too.

No sign of poetry about it yet, though. ;)

Sarena Shasteen said...

That is great! Both of our boys have one (each - that they bought for themselves with birthday/Christmas money) and they are entertained indefinitely! I love them!

laura said...

Mike - Have fun with your new iPod! Just you wait, it may inspire you yet! :)

Sarena - What lucky kids! I probably would have ceased all human interaction between the ages of 14 and 17 if I'd had an iPod! Of course, I'd be deaf by now too. :)

monkey said...

god, i miss you guys so much.