Wednesday, February 04, 2009

happy birthday to me!

Yesterday was my birthday and I am now officially old.  We celebrated my being a year closer to death by ditching work and going to the zoo, despite the single digit temps outside.  I also got some awesome presents that I have already put to good use (gift cards! vegan cookbooks!  Bose ipod Sounddock!) and an awesome present that I have no idea when in the world I will have time to use (sewing machine!).  

Thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday - even if you did it just 'cause Chris told you to!   :)   

4 comments:

Brian Jones said...

Good for you Laura! I'm doing the same this Friday! It's my Birthday and I have been working like a dog lately....Taking the day off to catch a movie with the wife and have a big slice of carrot cake!

laura said...

Movies and carrot cake are two of my greatest loves! Hope you have a great birthday!

Sarena Shasteen said...

Oh, happy birthday - late! I hope it was a good one. The sad thing is, I had a birthday in January and I was convinced I am not getting old...now you have confirmed it since I am pretty sure I am older than you! Tony and I were in New York last weekend. I had hoped we would see you guys there. Oh well, hopefully soon!

laura said...

Thanks Sarena! And a happy late birthday to you too! Wish we could have gone to NY but big cons like that are just too much while school is in session. Hopefully we'll see you guys at one this summer!